- Your handler needs two arguments. An event serializable by gson, and a context inheriting com.amazonaws.services.lambda.runtime.Context.
- Your JAR should be fat.
- The compiler is in alpha, not all reflection cases are resolved yet.
- On the upload page you can choose between a Maven plugin, curl upload, and upload by form.
- The lambda handler format should be of the form full.class.name::handlerMethod. In our
it would be com.serverless.Handler::handleRequest
- Your upload will be put on a queue, and then pushed over to GCP for being processed.
- Total roundtrip is pushing 10min for trivial apps.
- Download the generated lambda.zip file.
- This zip file contains a file called "bootstrap" which is what the AWS Lambda framework launches.
- The actual generated binary is called a.exe and is called by the bootstrap script.
- Note: You need to tell AWS Lambda the entry point to your JAR.